Thursday, December 29, 2011

Home is where the Heart is....

An old quote , don't you think?   It is so true though.
There is no place like home  (Said Dorothy--HA HA)

Christmas with Nana (2010)
When we are out all day we want to go home...When were on Vacation, we eventually want to go home, after a days work we want to go home...Is your home warm and cozy full of family, frineds, momentos, your favorite couch or chair, a warm blanket on a cold winters night, great books or TV shows you cant wait to see or read. I know my house has always been a house.
Until I succumbed to the fact that this is where I am and I have to make the most of it. You see, I always wanted to move to a better place, one of my own choosing. My husband had had this house already and we just stayed. Had four beautiful children here, all growing up now. I had home schooled for some time but now they are in school and I work part-time but I love coming home. It can be chaos alot of the time but I often think, how it will be when they leave....I get sad thinking of it but they will eventually start thier own lives and I will still have my home..so I make the best of the blessing that has been given to me. Especially the children, they are my blessings and I've been given them for such a short time, it seems. But here we are in our home...There is no place like it.
Here is a new blogger I found and enjoyed this older post very much...if we could all do this, our world would be so much better for it, don't you think?

here is a new recipe for you:

No Cacao Raw Chocolate Recipe

4 tablespoons Raw Almond Butter
2 tablespoons Raw Honey
1 tablespoon Raw Carob Powder
Directions:
Put the almond butter, honey, and carob in a jar or bowl and stir well.

Roll into balls (or other desired shape) and serve!
Or  add:
1/4 tsp Raw Vanilla
1/4 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
To taste:
Cinnamon
Chinese 5 Spice
Pumpkin Pie Spice
If you like them crunchy:
1 tsp Raw Chia Seeds
1/2 tsp Raw Sesame Seeds
If you don’t have Almond Butter
Soak any of the following raw nuts and grind up in a food processor:
Almonds
Walnuts
Pecans
Cashews
Brazil Nuts (don’t need soaking)
Also, roll the balls in Raw Shredded Coconut.
Eat them up, YUM!
And a nice peom too:
Family
© Marilyn R. Barfield
What family means to me is more
Than mere words can convey
It's been the basis for my life
And how I've faced each day.

The nurturing of Mom and Dad
From birth to puberty
Instilled in me a sense of worth
And love for family.

The holiday festivities
The picnics in the park
The camp outs by the river
And my Mother's prayers at dark
Are just a few examples
From my childhood memories
That show the warmth of family
And what they've meant to me.

The close knit love of siblings
With my parents T.L.C
Has made me know and feel the warmth
That bonds a family.



No comments:

Post a Comment