Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Focus on these things......But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

It just takes a little focus, a little work, to change our habits. And a willingness to try again, and to try again and again to keep trying, when and if we cycle back to unhealthy habits. I'm really excited about my new relationship with food, and excited about my new ability to take care of myself. I've fluctuated alot recently and am trying again. As I hope you do too. Each time I get better and better with my food choices. If I crave chips I try to eat a bit more of a salty food like seaweed, nori wraps..I feel like my body is telling me something. I just have to listen.Holiday aren't as terrifying either. I just load my plate with the salads and veggies and fruits...Just focus on a balanced diet.

If we focus on the goodness, kindness, self control in all we do especially in our eating we can love ourself, be joyful in our life.
This is the season that we need to focus on love and joy and thankfulness for all we have and have been given.
A wonderful idea that I have found is Help Others.org..a wonderful story from there is this:


After many months of illness, the resulting financial troubles and the love and generosity of dear friends, family members and even strangers that helped me and my children through those difficult times, my life regained balance.
On a trip to the grocery store I spotted  a young couple hitchhiking with two puppies. They were obviously tired and discouraged and had made a sign, which simply read, "Just Food." Praying that they would stay put I hurried into the grocery store and bought a bag full of  nutritious foods, puppy chow for the dogs along with items I needed.
To my relief they were still there when I came out. I drove up beside them and the young man approached at my beckoning him. I handed him the bag full of groceries, saying, "this is for you..." then the bag of chow, "this is for your puppies", and then a ten dollar bill, "And here's a little money." His kind young face registered disbelief as he thanked me. I felt close to tears at his reaction. I knew exactly how he felt. And to be able to help! I looked into his eyes and said, "I've had people help me when I was struggling. God bless you."



Can we do this, would we?...I have to say I didn't..On a recent trip to Philly, I came upon a man with a clipboard and tape on his arm where blood was drawn...He was seeking help to get to his car which was in the impound lot. He said he was just released from the military hospital after serving our country and found his car had been towed.. I felt very badly for him and wanted to help but the fear in me stopped me...I thought he could just be scheming me for drug money so I kept walking...This still tugs my heart...I pray for him that, he is safe and got what he needed...I will try to be more open for my next opportunity to help others....

No comments:

Post a Comment