Monday, March 4, 2013

This is your beginning...


What do you buy?
      Look at your last few grocery receipts or save your next few receipts from the grocery store. Circle all of the fresh ingredients…Is it  5%, 10%, 25% or more
Comment below what percent of those items are real?….This is a great exercise in opening your mind or “Awakening” to how you really eat. I know you may be in denial, don’t want to think about it….You know it’s not good. But just do this exercise and share it with me I'll send you a free menu planner.
     This can be your realization period. You don’t have to change anything.   Just think about how you feel. 
Are you mentally foggy and tired and want more energy?      Do you need motivation to do anything? 
      Wouldn't you like to feel great when you get up in the morning?    Want to shed a few pounds but can't?
Acknowledging your connection to food is a great starting point. Get out a notebook and write about your feelings. I did this for many years and it really helped me. I even did a vision board (check out that post too!)
      I’d wait till everyone went to bed then I binged on food I had tucked away…I just wanted to cry all the time, sad, lonely and scared. I needed something and found it. An inner strength grew inside me by writing my feelings down. And answers came to me and guided me to healthier menus. I realize now that I ate very badly and had 2 of my 4 children while eating this way. They are now struggling with their diets and acne and sugar cravings & Candida. There is nothing I can tell them that will help. I feel like I have failed them, & they won’t listen, yet…someday….they will…
 On the other hand, with my 2 younger children, I ate a better diet while pregnant and they are so much more open to eating well and they are healthier. I see this now…hindsight…
I was so intrigued by nutrition between them, I sought out a health food store and purchased books and have not stopped. I even worked at one for a while.

“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.~ Anais Nin

The raw foods path is, of course, just one option for transforming our relationship to food. If you are considering a change that is so wonderful! I applaud you!!  Just reducing the quantities or adding more veggies or maybe a macrobiotic diet, or even a detox . I hope you will glean some incite to a better diet through my blog. I feel the most optimal way to eat for physical health in the human body in through raw foods. That is why I love it so much and why I will support others in choosing this path.
Please comment below on your receipts & I will send you a menu planner and just know this is your beginning...

KALE AND SALSA WRAPS

1/3 of a bunch kale
¼ bunch cilantro
2 tomato, quartered
1/8 th bunch green onion
dash cayenne pepper, (optional)
½ teaspoon olive oil
dash Celtic Sea Salt
¼ lemon, juiced

 Mix all ingredients except for kale for two to five seconds in blender.
 Wrap in kale leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment